Pip stage taking too long ?

Mmr1984

In the Brooder
May 2, 2023
This is my third year hatching eggs on our homestead. I’m using a Nurture right 360 and I’ve never had any issues. However I noticed the first egg had piped at about 8:30 this morning and it is now after 5pm and no progress has been made . . . Most of the others have piped and it’s the same. Little to no progress. I’ve never had this issue before. It’s always been progress in a timely manner. The humidity is correct the heat is correct. They were locked down properly not a thing has been done differently from other seasons but somehow I’m worried. I understand it can take up to 24 hours but for this little of progress to be made ? Am I overthinking this ? I can hear peeps. But still no progress.

Attachments

• CEAE1F68-7896-4FF0-B6C2-F8A6CD51AE0F.jpeg
    CEAE1F68-7896-4FF0-B6C2-F8A6CD51AE0F.jpeg
    403.9 KB · Views: 18
This is my third year hatching eggs on our homestead. I’m using a Nurture right 360 and I’ve never had any issues. However I noticed the first egg had popped at about 8:30 this morning and it is now after 5pm and no progress has been made . . . Most of the others have piped and it’s the same. Little to no progress. I’ve never had this issue before. It’s always been progress in a timely manner. The humidity is correct the heat is correct. The were locked down properly not a thing has been done differently from other seasons but somehow I’m worried. I understand it can take up to 24 hours but for this little of progress to be made ? Am I overthinking this ? I can hear peeps. But still no progress.
Don't worry, it can take even up to 48 hours for anything to happen after external pipping. Some take longer than others. They're absorbing their yolk sack which gives them the energy they need for the first few days of their life, and to hatch.

Don't worry, it can take even up to 48 hours for anything to happen after external pipping. Some take longer than others. They're absorbing their yolk sack which gives them the energy they need for the first few days of their life, and to hatch.
Ok, I’ll try not to worry. My other sets must have been over achievers. I’ve never had it take longer than 14 hours. These are my first bantams. Hopefully I didn’t screw anything up.

Incubating teaches "patience" ... These are your first bantams, so perhaps that's the "difference" from your past hatches.
Hopefully. It’s less about anticipation and more about wether or not something I did or didn’t do caused loss of life. Things happen life isn’t always kind and is often sad but there a difference between nature taking its course and myself being directly at fault. I’ll take you’re advice be patient and hope for the best.

Hopefully. It’s less about anticipation and more about wether or not something I did or didn’t do caused loss of life. Things happen life isn’t always kind and is often sad but there a difference between nature taking its course and myself being directly at fault. I’ll take you’re advice be patient and hope for the best.
This is how I feel. This is my first time incubating and I honestly don’t know if I’ll do it again. I feel horrible for this suffering chick I currently have but am so thankful for the three that hatched and appear to be doing well. I have two I hatched still and am so sad to think I have messed this up

This is how I feel. This is my first time incubating and I honestly don’t know if I’ll do it again. I feel horrible for this suffering chick I currently have but am so thankful for the three that hatched and appear to be doing well. I have two I hatched still and am so sad to think I have messed this up
It’s the hard part of the hobby. It wasn’t intentional. So we just have to settle with that. I hope your third baby is ok!

Most of my hatch ended up making it. I’m going to wait another 12 hours and see if the other 2 will hatch.

Back
Top Bottom