PLEASE HELP. 1 sick chicken 1 sick goose

Adrisducks

Songster
6 Years
Oct 26, 2016
My Wyandotte hen about 4 years old started sneezing last week and I thought it was a URI so I got antibiotics from my vet (didn't bring her in) She lost a lot of weight and has been lethargic, I wormed her but expected the antibiotics to help. They haven't and now her comb and face are swollen and she doesn't have the energy to roost at night as of yesterday. She is gasping for breath almost I'm not sure what to do at this point and I don't want her suffering.

My 5 year old laying goose started acting sick that I noticed last week (most likely a month ago but she hid it really well) I don't pick up my 2 geese very often because they don't like being held but once I noticed she seemed sick I got her and noticed how much weight she lost. Brought her to the vet. She's always by the food bowl but not eating enough, lethargic, not grooming/bathing, wing drooping (as of today they are both dropping) Vet gave us antibiotics and said if she doesn't get better after the weekend she most likely has cancer. The testing/labs/surgery would come to at least $3,000. Plus a 2.5 hour drive. The money is very high But I also don't want her to go through the surgery and then suffer during recovery (plus we don't know if the vet will be able to get it all). With how bad she looks I can almost tell that at the end of the weekend she won't be any better. I don't know what to do.

Any advice would be helpful. I want to fight for her but I also want her suffering to end and not have me prolong it. I don't know if they could have the same thing?!???
And I heard another chicken have a faint sneeze 1hr ago and now I'm really freaking out

My goose is 5 years old and chicken is 4 years old.
Many ducks chickens of different ages acting fine. No new birds introduced to flock for 5 months

Diet is Purina's Pride layer formula with added vitamins

Goose: Lethargic, lost weight, doesn't preen or bathe, barely eats. That's all. Vet said possible cancer of reproductive organs.
Gave me antibiotics twice daily. No improvement at all. Calling him in the morning.

Chicken: lethargic, lost weight, open mouth breathing/gasping occasionally, sneezing, swollen face/comb. Tried treating for URI with no improvement, then treated for worms ivermectin possible gape worm, no improvement, tried antibiotics from vet no improvement.

Back
Top Bottom