Please help me identify this breed

mama23

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 5, 2009
This is Ms Thelma. I had one just like her in 2019 that I took in from a neighbor and she died soon after to being egg bound. Ended up giving a home to some hens from a friend in 2021 and I was so thrilled to see another one just like her, Thelma. This one got killed by a predator recently and it broke my heart. I’d love to have another one like her. I assume white leghorn but her legs are black. The first hen I had also had black legs. Any ideas? I miss them both so much.

Attachments

• 7AB742C0-A6A9-4376-A5E5-611D28D450A1.png
    7AB742C0-A6A9-4376-A5E5-611D28D450A1.png
    7.3 MB · Views: 34
  • AACF01BD-E749-4A42-BB3D-05629821BD79.png
    AACF01BD-E749-4A42-BB3D-05629821BD79.png
    5 MB · Views: 16
Looks like American Bresse.
Where did you get her????
The first hen I got from my neighbor. She had been rehomed countless times. Second one from a friend. He got her as a chick from a local person who just sold a variety. He got two of each of buff Orpington, red star, barred rock, black australorp and what he claimed were two of same white girls. But I’m pretty sure the other white girl I got from him is a white rock. Both this hen and my other one like her had one black feather. So I wasn’t sure if this was a crossed breed and the white color was dominant. Only one black tiny feather. Just was so cute.

Awww that looks like her. They may have a touch more black but the face and comb and eyes are definitely my Thelma and Salt babies. Oh I should add she laid white eggs.
That fits for Austra whites. Bresse chickens are very rare and expensive, and that is why I don't think she is one of those. Austra whites are more common since they are offered by some hatcheries. They are a cross between white Leghorns and black Australorps. Great layers.

That fits for Austra whites. Bresse chickens are very rare and expensive, and that is why I don't think she is one of those. Austra whites are more common since they are offered by some hatcheries. They are a cross between white Leghorns and black Australorps. Great layers.
Oh I misread and thought austra white had brown eggs. This must indeed be what they are. Thanks so much. I do think the mystery has been solved!

Back
Top Bottom