Please help me! Something’s wrong with my duck.

Jmart23

Hatching
Jul 30, 2023
So I just bought this duckling from tractor supply on Friday and when I got home with him, I put him in his area I made for him and I noticed he couldn’t keep his head upright like he should and couldn’t walk right because of this. I looked it up and it said it was wry neck, but I saw this website so I thought I’d ask more people who might know better. I also got some vitamin E capsules to give him, and some enfamil D-vi-sol vitamin d drops that was suggested. I also plan on getting him some selenium from tractor supply tomorrow.
IMG_9123.jpeg
IMG_9124.jpeg
IMG_9118.jpeg

That’s good you know what to give him for the wry neck , but also, is he eating it all? if you hand feed him some starter feed that you made into a mash by adding warm water and some nutritional yeast, you can add up to 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast per cup of nonmedicated starter feed., mix in some warm water and hand feed him That (nutritional yeast gives niacin) or brewers yeast or even a vitamin B complex for humans that you crushed into a powder can be used if you don’t have the other things also, tractor supply has a liquid vitamin B complex. It says it’s injectable for cattle and swine, but you can give it orally to ducks, I think a duckling that little may just get 1/4 of a ML. ? But I’m not sure… I know I give my adult ducks one ML .. Let me tag @Miss Lydia and @cheezenkwackers @Canadian Wind @New duck mommy 2021 .

I’m pretty sure you should not be feeding him that medicated chick feed! Ducklings aren’t supposed to have medicated feed. See if you can get duck feed for him. Purina duck pellets is good.
Oh my god, I did not know that! Thank you for telling me that! I don’t know why I was told this should be fine. I will get some tomorrow.

X2 ducks really should eat medicated feed, it depletes the b vitamins in their system, which they need more of.
Switch feeds and get some nutritional yeast and mix about 1tbs into his food.

Back
Top Bottom