Please Help!! Pecking order

kennedy_humphrey_kennedy

In the Brooder
Feb 15, 2021
I cant tell of this is excessive when establishing the pecking order, it’s been the one hen attacking the other very aggressively for the vast majority. She won’t let her into the coop as well. They are similar in size but the one hen just keeps attacking her even though she’s clearly stronger. This is the amount of space they have right now.

Attachments

• 7F4B9E65-8DFB-4CFC-900D-614AE1C7E131.jpeg
    7F4B9E65-8DFB-4CFC-900D-614AE1C7E131.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
Have you added any birds to your flock recently

What are dimensions of your coop/run

Have there been any other changes in there environment

To me your coop and run set up look to small which is likely the cause of the bullying

Have you added any birds to your flock recently

What are dimensions of your coop/run

Have there been any other changes in there environment

To me your coop and run set up look to small which is likely the cause of the bullying
Just added new birds yesterday and there is space in the coop and the run is about 8x6. The bigger birds stay upstairs quite a bit due to the cold weather.

Just added new birds yesterday and there is space in the coop and the run is about 8x6. The bigger birds stay upstairs quite a bit due to the cold weather.
Then it’s probably just them figuring out there knew pecking order unless one of them gets seriously hurt then I would let them figure it out
I would also recommend expanding your run a bit the minimum for outdoor space is 10 square feet per bird but I highly recommend more than that

Back
Top Bottom