PLEASE possible extra dose of antibiotic

Jul 3, 2020
Hello everyone - my sweet 6 month old buff wasn’t in the icu they thinknshe had an aspiration pneumonia- -anyway when is on augmentin twice a day.
Tonight when giving her her medication she shook her heading and i saw it on the chair- so I just gave it to her ... after she swallowed into - i panicked thinking what if the dose was from yesterday and I accidentally gave them her an extra dose today... I called the vet .. I’m waiting to hear.. but i am so upset.

Any thoughts ??
Did I just hurt my baby?

Most penicillin antibiotics are unlikely to cause problems when given at an increased rate. You may notice some gastrointestinal issues, but I doubt it will become a significant problem. Speaking to your veterinarian would still be a good idea.

Most penicillin antibiotics are unlikely to cause problems when given at an increased rate. You may notice some gastrointestinal issues, but I doubt it will become a significant problem. Speaking to your veterinarian would still be a good idea.
Thank you so much - my vet said to should be ok - I really appreciate your response .

Back
Top Bottom