Please show me your winter water setups!!!!

This is good to know! The stock tank driver we used for our horse was placed inside a metal water trough... there’s no risk of these melting a plastic container, is there?
The stock tank deicer I use is rated for use in plastic so it will not melt it. It only turns on when the water is below 35 degrees and turns off when the water reaches 40 or 45 degrees.

The stock tank deicer I use is rated for use in plastic so it will not melt it. It only turns on when the water is below 35 degrees and turns off when the water reaches 40 or 45 degrees.

That’s perfect. Thank you! I think we’ll probably use this method. We’re planning to install a rainwater collection system next year, and we could easily hook that into the tote or upgrade to a larger barrel or whatever!

A five gallon bucket with horizontal nipples. In the run. The bucket has a farm innovators 250 watt submersible heater. Each morning I work check to make sure the HNs are still functioning. This setup has worked flawlessly. We occasionally get down to negative Fahrenheit.
I just love your little weather station! Can you tell me the model #?

I just love your little weather station! Can you tell me the model #?
It is an accurite. Not sure where we got it. The remote sensor is hanging in the coop at head height when they are on the roost. That is almost 100' from the base unit. It does not require a connection to our household network.

Attachments

• 1603796541602.png
    1603796541602.png
    245.5 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom