Plucked chicken, left for dead

jrwillden

Chirping
Feb 3, 2020
I found a massacre of sorts this afternoon. Several dead chickens including chicks, 10+missing completely, and 2 that I am trying to revive. One looks like it will make it but the other, not so much.

There are no puncture wounds. No blood. Nothing broken...and no feathers. They were plucked of nearly all feathers on their bodies. Wings are fine but neck, chest and back are nearly bare.

Any thoughts? 😥

Attachments

• 20210531_133345.jpg
    20210531_133345.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 51
]No blood at all? Tracks? Any fur, ar anything that they might have lost during a struggle? Any unfamiliar tire tracks?

Of the two you have that are struggling to recover, can you tell what, besides the plucking, is threatening them? Is it just shock and trauma?

That is the weirdest thing ever. I would be for asking all my neighbors whether it had ever happened to them. I hope that you figure it out!

You say no feathers? As in, the ones removed from your girls are NOT THERE? That is creepy beyond measure! I guess this is not very helpful. I'm sorry about that. The whole thing says human, to me. There should be feathers everywhere, if your girls were plucked like that. I hope you discover the perpetrator, whatever their species, and exact some justice. I am so, so very sorry!

So sorry for your loss. If you have a camera put it up because most likely whatever it is has been lurking looking for an opportunity and found one and then you will know what you are dealing with. Most predators will return. Good luck...

There is small evidence of feathers strewn about but not nearly enough for what was removed. On one rooster I saw 2 puncture marks but nothing else. More than likely it was dogs. I just don't understand the feathers. I am looking for a game camera. I'm really ready to give up but know I'll change my mind in a week. I so love these birds.

I found a massacre of sorts this afternoon. Several dead chickens including chicks, 10+missing completely, and 2 that I am trying to revive. One looks like it will make it but the other, not so much.

There are no puncture wounds. No blood. Nothing broken...and no feathers. They were plucked of nearly all feathers on their bodies. Wings are fine but neck, chest and back are nearly bare.

Any thoughts? 😥
I just had the same thing happen! no blood no feathers and completely plucked! the skin was ripped on the breast area, but no meat missing. :(
HELP!

Back
Top Bottom