Polish pullet

Valley chick

Chirping
Jun 17, 2020
Northern California
I currently have a small flock of hens age 1 to 5 years, Orpington, Easter Eggers, Americaunas, speckled sussex, and a pair of old crabby gals I'm not sure what kind that aren't always welcoming. I'm getting another Easter Eggers, and Plymouth rock chicks and have the opportunity to include a white crested polish,all pullets all to be raised together then integrated into my flock, I have a large covered run with a divider, so they will be in divided area until big enough, I usually wait until around 14-15 weeks, then I open divider. Will the polish do ok with the others, I've heard they tend to get picked on,others say it's fine, but I would hope going in with others she's raised with and being seen in divider for awhile it would be fine? Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thank you

I currently have a small flock of hens age 1 to 5 years, Orpington, Easter Eggers, Americaunas, speckled sussex, and a pair of old crabby gals I'm not sure what kind that aren't always welcoming. I'm getting another Easter Eggers, and Plymouth rock chicks and have the opportunity to include a white crested polish,all pullets all to be raised together then integrated into my flock, I have a large covered run with a divider, so they will be in divided area until big enough, I usually wait until around 14-15 weeks, then I open divider. Will the polish do ok with the others, I've heard they tend to get picked on,others say it's fine, but I would hope going in with others she's raised with and being seen in divider for awhile it would be fine? Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thank you
She'll be fine. Just integrate her along with the other chicks.

Back
Top Bottom