Poop issues

Jess718

Chirping
Mar 23, 2022
Hi all, so for awhile now my girls (all of them) have had very wet, loose stool. On the poop board it’s not formed but like splattered. Not water but not formed. Since it’s all of them, is it the food I’m feeding them? I just get it from tractor supply. I’ve used two different types from there. None of them are acting ill.

Should I change the food and see if it get better? Do they need to be treated for something? What other info do you need?

No it’s pretty cold here. I’m in NJ. I don’t think they drink any more than normal- and temps are cool/cold now. Is there another reason they would all be drinking a lot?

Any other ideas?

No it’s pretty cold here. I’m in NJ. I don’t think they drink any more than normal- and temps are cool/cold now. Is there another reason they would all be drinking a lot?

Any other ideas?
How long has it been going on? And is it clear?

Hmm if drink is not the case then maybe there’s something with the feed or it is sign of illness. I read that chicken feed with too high protein than needed makes loose stool. Maybe you can check how much % protein in their feed? And % protein of their previous feed?

Could you show us some pictures...? Of the droppings, the chickens, and, why not, the coop...?

...Could be anything and everything...

First : Did you deworn your chickens?

I would try to help them by mixing some food grade Diatomaceous Earth to their food, in a (plastic) feeder... (I would be careful to not give them a dewormer that could weaken them...)
I would also put some Apple Cider Vinegar (1 tablespoon by liter of water) in their (plastic) waterer...

Second : Did you weigh your chickens?
Do you think they have lost weight...?
...Just to be sure, I would treat them against lice/mites. Again, personally, I would use food grade Diatomaceous Earth : that works miracles. (I speak from experiences, but I know others think the opposite...?)

Third : What do you feed your chickens, exactly?
Sorry : my Internet is bad, because I'm in the countryside... so, I can't load the page you have shared, and I am not familiar with "Tractor Supply".
...Do your chickens have access to layer pellets? I would recommend you give them some, but I would first like to know what you are feeding them...?
And do they have an unrestricted access to their feed all the time?

Fourth : Do your chickens freerange?
Can your chickens eat grass...?
Do they have access to some toxic plants?
Do they have sufficiently space...?

...Give details, please. Even if you think they are not important, because they could be...

Back
Top Bottom