Poop when stressed out?

Apr 26, 2023
Hi,
I had one of my girls have a bit of an impacted crop and I needed to give some coconut oil. She’s always hated being picked up but I had to for this. I’ve been trying the gain their trust method instead o forcing them to be held and I feel like it’s working. Now they will hop on my lap… but with health things I’m wondering if I should be holding them more even though they hate it! Yesterday and today after I’ve held Pluto-the one with the crop issue, she’s pooped right when I put her down I’m wondering if I stressed her so much by holding is that possible? or maybe it’s from the coconut oil. what are general thoughts on holding….should I not worry so much about them wanting to be held or should I get the more used to it for health checks? I saw something else that said as their feathers are coming in being held could be painful. Photo is of Pluto prior to breaking her trust haha

Attachments

• 1E2899AA-ADE6-474E-96F5-5CE9E35CA90C.jpeg
    1E2899AA-ADE6-474E-96F5-5CE9E35CA90C.jpeg
    591.4 KB · Views: 6
It's usually not comfortable for them to be picked up or held, their respiratory system takes up most of their bodies and it makes it hard to breathe, pin feathers coming in might also be tickly.

Back
Top Bottom