Poopy butt, bloody egg and straining to poo

babychickens321

Songster
Oct 17, 2021
London England
hello everyone
one of my chickens have stopped laying i do not know which one but they have. all are behaving normal and scartching around in the dirt as usual. one has a poopy butt and shes always the one with poop stuck on her butt. like a few days ago she had a lot of poo but i think her bum fluff is regrowing or something so it doesnt seem all over her bum and on her legs today, its just a bit under her bum. theres also one continuously bloody egg every single day. i think its this one, because she had streaks of blood on her bum once. She was also straining to poop today, she sort of stretched her bum so it was nearly touching the ground and it looked like she was sitting like a cat and she was wiggling her bum but nothing came out so she drank a lot of water. she has been behaving normally.

hello everyone
one of my chickens have stopped laying i do not know which one but they have. all are behaving normal and scartching around in the dirt as usual. one has a poopy butt and shes always the one with poop stuck on her butt. like a few days ago she had a lot of poo but i think her bum fluff is regrowing or something so it doesnt seem all over her bum and on her legs today, its just a bit under her bum. theres also one continuously bloody egg every single day. i think its this one, because she had streaks of blood on her bum once. She was also straining to poop today, she sort of stretched her bum so it was nearly touching the ground and it looked like she was sitting like a cat and she was wiggling her bum but nothing came out so she drank a lot of water. she has been behaving normally.
If she’s not laying, she could be egg bound. Watch her every day to make sure she isn’t the one laying the bloody eggs.
If she had poop all over her bottom, it needs cleaned with warm water. :)

Could you post a clear picture of her vent?
She might have a prolapse or similar.

It would be best to separate her from the others as they might start to pick at her vent and cause more bleeding.

Back
Top Bottom