Poor Bossy Beak

Uzuri

Songster
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
Evidently the other ladies are jealous of her egg-laying abilities. I thought that Rooster had just pulled out some feathers, but I think now that she's being picked/pecked. She has a little jacket, but I'm having difficulty getting it to stay on--they're picking from right above the tail, so when it stays on, it does keep her covered. If I can find an old shoelace I'm going to tie it across the front in the hopes that it'll stay on better. The tail loop won't go over her tail feathers, so it's not helping any.

I've got her in with only one other hen at the moment, until the windstorm passes since I've only got so many cages, but I'm trying to decide what to do after. I can separate her to heal up, but won't that just cause problems later when I put her back? Evidently she's at the bottom of the totem pole, and I know that you separate and return bullies to get them knocked down a peg, but she's got no more pegs down to go.

Edit: come to think, something's a little odd here... from all I've seen, Bossy is pretty... bossy. I've seen her chest bump with the others, and she's NEVER been driven away from the feed. Is she really at the bottom? And if she isn't, why's she being pecked?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom