Poor snake.

1acrefarm

Songster
12 Years
Nov 3, 2007
Georgia
I have a BSL hen who has gotten in the habit of egg eating. I put a golf ball in the nest to break her of it. I was sick and did not collect eggs yesterday. When I went this morning my golf ball was missing. I immediately decided the only way it could disapear is if a snake ate it. There was a resident rat snake who eats some of my eggs. His residence was under a small shed behind my coop. Me and the neighbor decided to check to see if it was home and it was. We both lifted the side of the shed and there was a 5 foot snake with a round tummy. I knew he would die a painful death so we dispatched him and recovered the ball.
sad.png

Mice and rats are the reason I let the snake stick around so long. I figured losing a couple eggs a week was a small price to pay for rodent control.

Won't they spit it out?
I've seen numerous snakes regurgitate if you bother them..

Quote:
I have cats for that. We had 2 mice in the chicken house, so i decided to wait a week and if they were still there I'd set up traps. When they disappeared i assumed it was my good kitties. A week ago i found a 4 1/2 ft egg snake downing 3 eggs.
hmm.png

I had a large rat snake eating some eggs too and we decided to catch it and take it down the road and let it go but before we could do that it had eaten 2 large wooden eggs that I put in the nests (the girls love them). We caught the snake and it had 2 large bulges and when we were trying to get it into the container to take it away it bit my son and he let it go and it slithered away. We haven't seen it since.
sad.png
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom