Porcelain japanese bantam advice sought

Katiejayne1981

Hatching
7 Years
May 28, 2012
Hi everybody,

This is my first post on BYC so I'll introduce myself a little...
My names Kate and I live in Kent, England.
I live with my husband and we have a small garden set up for our bantams and ive just bought my first two trios of Japanese bantams.
I'm still hunting high and low for information to educate myself about the breed as much as I can (any tips warmly received)
In the future I plan to breed the most unusual colour I can but obviously not until I'm better informed regarding colour genetics.
There are not a great deal of Japanese breeders in the uk but I have managed to find a lovely lady in Wales to get me started.
Ultimately I want to create a frizzle porcelain japanese but I realise this will take years to do myself to achieve the colour and good type.
Does the porcelain Japanese exist in the USA/ Canada?
Can anyone recommend how porcelain would be achieved and any simple advice on which colour crossed with another colour becomes etc....

I know I have a long way to go to fully understand all of this but ya gotta start some where
:)

Many thanks
Kate x

Kate, I can't help you on color genetics, but want to say
welcome-byc.gif
from New York!
The Japanese are wonderful birds, and breeders are coming up with exciting colors. Have you contacted anyone in the Japanese Bantam Breeders Association?
Their secretary is Ken Lee
352-302-4859
[email protected] this is US
I just found this for UK
Andy Kemp
01823 663753
[email protected]
There is also a thread for the Japs, https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/286125/japanese-bantam-thread
Glad to have you here!
Roberta

Roberta,
thank you so much for a warm welcome and the info about JBBA. I will definately get in touch with them. and also look on the thread you suggested.

Kind regards
Kate xx

Back
Top Bottom