Predator?

Ilovechickens2023

In the Brooder
Jan 21, 2023
So last night I couldn’t find one of my chickens. I looked everywhere. I couldn’t find her. Well this morning I find her in my dogs fence dead. Ik my dogs didn’t do it cause I checked around midnight and she wasn’t there. Plus I shut the doggy door to keep them in. Theirs feathers all in the area. It looks like her head may have been snapped. Her back has feathers but it’s blooding. I’m thinking she was roosting somewhere close and something got her. It had to be something small or something that could a climb a fence really good. I have smelt skunks before and my dad about ran over a raccoon. I for sure know we have a fox or foxes. Although it’s been a month since we’ve had one try and get a chicken. Thought we might’ve seen a bobcat unsure of though. Does anyone have any idea what it could’ve been?

260514EF-EBF0-49F9-8A10-F4D4A9405C8D.jpeg

That’s how I found her.

Dogs kill for sport but rarely eat chickens.They chew on them like play toys leaving injuries on their necks and backs leaving feathers everywhere. Chickens don't usually survive dog attacks unless you intervene and treat their injuries. The only way to prevent dogs from killing your chickens is to keep your chickens locked up.Sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom