Pretty Easter Egger!

schambo

Songster
Jun 27, 2022
Atlantic Canada
I’m relatively new to chickens, and to the variety of looks that they can have, even with relatively common breeds. I’m not a country girl, and my basic mental image of a chicken is your classic little red hen, so the two Bovans I got last year in a coop rental program were pretty consistent with that.

Now I’m down to one Bovans, and have added a barred rock and an Easter Egger (actually 2, but one has to go back to be swapped out for a pullet because he’s a boy 🤪).

I’m sure she’s very normal looking for an Easter Egger but I can’t get over how pretty and interesting this little bird is. She’s about 10 weeks, seems quite tiny (though that might just be compared to the 13 week BR) and just has the prettiest grey and brown colouring. I’m smitten!

EE425A17-9C01-408F-AAB1-0DB2D34E7C6A.jpeg

She also doesn’t have a name. She’s replacing another cockerel called Jellybean (because of the coloured eggs!) but Jellybean doesn’t seem to suit her. The Bovans brown is Lulu, and the BR is Pepper.

Last edited:
The picture doesn’t really capture the pretty patterning on her wings, but she’s shy and hard to photograph.

Is there a name for this colour? 9F3375A7-F3D4-4807-89A5-6A35FCD7DE3B.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom