Problems with silver button Quail

FloorCandy

Crowing
Apr 15, 2020
I had 3, all gray button chicks, I’m thinking they are slate or silver. They’ve been behind the other colors in size all along, and yesterday all 3 had started to splay. They’re a week old today, and it just seems so strange to start splaying so late. I put the shelf liner back into the brooder, and one looks much better, one looks a bit better and one was dead when I got up. My question is, is there a color or pattern of buttons that’s weaker than others?

I had 3, all gray button chicks, I’m thinking they are slate or silver. They’ve been behind the other colors in size all along, and yesterday all 3 had started to splay. They’re a week old today, and it just seems so strange to start splaying so late. I put the shelf liner back into the brooder, and one looks much better, one looks a bit better and one was dead when I got up. My question is, is there a color or pattern of buttons that’s weaker than others?
I don't think color pattern has anything to do with a particular chick being weaker than another color pattern. Genetics is the determining factor.

Back
Top Bottom