Processing chickens first-time

Vernon C

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 28, 2019
I was wondering if anyone has tried seasoning the chickens before bagging and freezing them? If so how'd it turn out?

I haven't done it but I know a lot of people on here brine the birds before bagging, which helps tenderize the meat and season it a little. Hopefully one of them chimes in here for ya.

I've never heard of seasoning it, but I guess I don't see why it would be bad. It just might be slightly pointless because you're throwing it in the freezer so I don't think while it's in the freezer the seasoning is soaking into the meat. You may be better off just taking the bird out of the freezer early when you're ready to cook it, and let it sit in the fridge with the seasoning overnight. That's just my guess.

I haven't done it but I know a lot of people on here brine the birds before bagging, which helps tenderize the meat and season it a little. Hopefully one of them chimes in here for ya.

I've never heard of seasoning it, but I guess I don't see why it would be bad. It just might be slightly pointless because you're throwing it in the freezer so I don't think while it's in the freezer the seasoning is soaking into the meat. You may be better off just taking the bird out of the freezer early when you're ready to cook it, and let it sit in the fridge with the seasoning overnight. That's just my guess.
Yeah that makes sense. I was thinking of seasoning while it aged, then freezing and already having it done for when you're ready to cook. Thanks for the thoughts, I think I'll just stay with doing it before cooking....

Back
Top Bottom