Processing Day "CSA"

itsmatt

Songster
14 Years
Mar 19, 2007
Spotsylvania, Virginia
I'm considering some incentive for the folks who help me on processing day: giving them chicken for helping.
I am not sure at this point what would be a good amount to give those who help me.
I think we'll have 30-40 birds to process and we'll employing a chicken plucker to help with that part.
What do you think is a good amount? I talking about whole chickens here. One? Two? Three?

Maybe you'd do it differently... I'd be interesting in hearing about that too!

Thanks muchly,
Matt

My question would be are you trying to offer a gesture of thanks or are you trying to pay them? The latter scenario would be figured out by an appropriate cash amount you would offer someone for helping all day and then giving them the equivalent in lbs of chicken, which would likely be more than a thank you gift.

Unsure.

If there's, say, one person then that's a lot more work for that person than if there are two or three helping.

If I were to guess, it will be two people.
So like Isadora said, it depends on if it's payment or thank you. If it's a thank you, let's say each person does 10 birds, since you're using a plucker, I'd say 1 bird a person is plenty.

I'm considering some incentive for the folks who help me on processing day: giving them chicken for helping.
I am not sure at this point what would be a good amount to give those who help me.
I think we'll have 30-40 birds to process and we'll employing a chicken plucker to help with that part.
What do you think is a good amount? I talking about whole chickens here. One? Two? Three?

Maybe you'd do it differently... I'd be interesting in hearing about that too!

Thanks muchly,
Matt
I give ten percent of the birds to my butchering help. Split evenly between the amount of people helping me, which is usually 2. We butcher 60-70 in a go so I give 6-7 average weight birds to my help.

Back
Top Bottom