Prolapsed Vent- Day 3- thank you BackYard Chickens!

I am not an expert on prolapses, but some have reported that the scabs may fall off eventually. It sounds like you are doing a great job, and the white debris is dried uric acid crystals. The soaks may be helpful to continue, but you might be able to do them less often until all is healed.

I am not an expert on prolapses, but some have reported that the scabs may fall off eventually. It sounds like you are doing a great job, and the white debris is dried uric acid crystals. The soaks may be helpful to continue, but you might be able to do them less often until all is healed.
Got it. This morning she has less white discharge and the vent is still pulled in and looking normal. There is still a smell though and smells tell us a lot. So I'll continue to treat her until that changes. She got a few sprays of Vetericyn Poultry Care to clean, then antibiotic ointment outside and in. I may go every other day on baths at this point. Reintegrated again this am easily. Only challenge was from her twin Zipper and higher in the pecking order. It was mild tapping on the comb. No big. She'll come in this afternoon after her playtime. It seems a few hours every day anchors her place in the flock.

Back
Top Bottom