PT Alpine for flies

2MChickens

Chirping
Mar 12, 2023
Oklahoma
Has anyone used PT Alpine on the outside of your coop and run for flies? I can’t find anything about if it’s dangerous for the chickens to eat the dead flies after they’ve been on the spray.

TIA 🥰

Has anyone used PT Alpine on the outside of your coop and run for flies? I can’t find anything about if it’s dangerous for the chickens to eat the dead flies after they’ve been on the spray.

TIA 🥰
YES!

We never had fly issues until someone bought the farm across the road and brought in horses. Oh my, the flies! We use horse pellets so there's no fresh poop for them, beats me why they came. I called my sister, who raises turkeys commercially what do they do for flies? She told me about the PT Alpine. I bought a can. It's pricey, but that was five years ago, and I still have half the can left.

All I do is spray a dot on the coop's walls out of chickens' reach. Like one dot on the wall on either side of the window where the flies were the worst, that was enough. Of course, my chickens eat the dead flies. They are little silkies and are fine. I read somewhere else they were safe to eat, too, just in case.

These dots I spray last about a month. A little goes a long way, so you don't have to overdo it.

YES!

We never had fly issues until someone bought the farm across the road and brought in horses. Oh my, the flies! We use horse pellets so there's no fresh poop for them, beats me why they came. I called my sister, who raises turkeys commercially what do they do for flies? She told me about the PT Alpine. I bought a can. It's pricey, but that was five years ago, and I still have half the can left.

All I do is spray a dot on the coop's walls out of chickens' reach. Like one dot on the wall on either side of the window where the flies were the worst, that was enough. Of course, my chickens eat the dead flies. They are little silkies and are fine. I read somewhere else they were safe to eat, too, just in case.

These dots I spray last about a month. A little goes a long way, so you don't have to overdo it.
Amazing!! Thank you so so so much! I knew we would likely have flies but they are sooooo insane this year!! I will definitely try this!

I got a can delivered to my brothers house in DE because they do not ship to MD. When I opened it and took off the lid, the little black nozzle fell right off. Of course I put it back on . I shook it well, and then when I sprayed some out on a wall it came out as a thin clear liquid , I expected it to be thicker for some reason. and because the nozzle is not on correctly it drips and pools in the little area around the nozzle.
Is it supposed to be so thin? like the consistency of rubbing alcohol?
and I wonder if I can fix the nozzle or perhaps have to return and order a new bottle, ugh
@Debbie292d. @Sally PB

Last edited:
I got a can delivered to my brothers house in DE because they do not ship to MD. When I opened it and took off the lid, the little black nozzle fell right off. Of course I put it back on . I shook it well, and then when I sprayed some out on a wall it came out as a thin clear liquid , I expected it to be thicker for some reason. and because the nozzle is not on correctly it drips and pools in the little area around the nozzle.
Is it supposed to be so thin? like the consistency of rubbing alcohol?
and I wonder if I can fix the nozzle or perhaps have to return and order a new bottle, ugh
@Debbie292d. @Sally PB
That bites your can came with broken nozzle. It's so expensive, I'd ask for a replacement. If you got it from Amazon, they more than likely won't ask you to send that one back as it's defective, so I'd just take a picture of it in case they ask for one, but I've never had to send a picture of anything broken before. I just document it in case.

Yes, alcohol is what mine seems to resemble. On paneling in the house, it runs so I be sure to spray short sprays. In the coop, probably because of the dander on the painted walls, it just sits there.

That bites your can came with broken nozzle. It's so expensive, I'd ask for a replacement. If you got it from Amazon, they more than likely won't ask you to send that one back as it's defective, so I'd just take a picture of it in case they ask for one, but I've never had to send a picture of anything broken before. I just document it in case.

Yes, alcohol is what mine seems to resemble. On paneling in the house, it runs so I be sure to spray short sprays. In the coop, probably because of the dander on the painted walls, it just sits there.
thanks for replying! i've been super disappointed, because I was so excited about it arriving then it failed 😟
so I contacted Amazon and they won't take it back. They said contact the manufacturer and they gave me a link so I filled out a form and I am guessing they'll send me a replacement nozzle. I just hope it doesn't take until the weather starts freezing.... duh!! that would be super lame. In the meantime, I replaced all the little fly papers I had inside the very top of the duck house(very high. Ducks can't reach.. i use a ladder to reach them) and I hung two more of the stinky "smells like death " bags.. this time closer to the coops instead of way out 30 feet away it's about 15 so it smells disgusting but there's already hundreds of flies in there. I'm hoping that when the fly population slows down, I'll move the bags back out to the fence! it's good to know that it supposed to come out thin like alcohol . thanks

thanks for replying! i've been super disappointed, because I was so excited about it arriving then it failed 😟
so I contacted Amazon and they won't take it back. They said contact the manufacturer and they gave me a link so I filled out a form and I am guessing they'll send me a replacement nozzle. I just hope it doesn't take until the weather starts freezing.... duh!! that would be super lame. In the meantime, I replaced all the little fly papers I had inside the very top of the duck house(very high. Ducks can't reach.. i use a ladder to reach them) and I hung two more of the stinky "smells like death " bags.. this time closer to the coops instead of way out 30 feet away it's about 15 so it smells disgusting but there's already hundreds of flies in there. I'm hoping that when the fly population slows down, I'll move the bags back out to the fence! it's good to know that it supposed to come out thin like alcohol . thanks
You weren't kidding when you called them the "smell like death" bags, and I know exactly what you're talking about. We have used them before, and they do really work great, but after several days we had to move them further away as the smell would gag me. I much prefer this PT Alpine as it does the job without any smell or totally disgusting bag to dispose of later. I so hope the company gets back to you fast about a new nozzle or new product!

Back
Top Bottom