Pullet or Roo? I suspect that it is a roo from the pattern of the tail feathers. Any opinions on this?

Pretty awesome huh? Everyone that sees her says how beautiful she is. When I did research on her I realized that this breed was created in the mid 70's in Bielefelder Germany and finally came to the states in 2011. They are a mix of Cuckoo Malines, Amrocks, Wyandottes and New Hampshires. They came through Greenfire Farms in North Florida. Greenfire Farms sell Bielefelder day old female chicks for $29 and males for $19. Unbelievable isn't it? Thanks for taking a 2nd look at Ginger. Have a blessed day.

Yep.... Bielefelders are my favourite.
Haven't had any as of yet, think they're hard to come by where I live.

They are harder to come by.
Murray McMurray sells the Bielefelder chicks. When they are available they cost $7.75 for the girls and $4.50 for the males. These prices are based on purchasing 1 to 5 chicks. The females are currently unavailable through at least 10/26/20. You can keep an eye open on their website and perhaps you can find one there. I hope that you can find one. May I ask where you live? Just curious if there are other hatcheries that would be closer to you. Have a blessed day.

I live in Ireland, so we don't have hatcheries like that.
I was considering buying some hatching eggs from somewhere, at some point in the future. I have a bit of a full house cockerel wise at the moment - got 4 cockerels and 8 hens. I'm definitely going to at some point though.
Used to live in England. It's probably a lot easier to get some there.

Back
Top Bottom