Pullet sitting in the nesting box with no eggs

Clucky_Ellie123

Chirping
Jun 30, 2021
Australia
My 21 week old White Leghorn crossed with a New Hampshire laid her first egg two days ago and laid another one yesterday. I checked the nesting box today and there were no eggs (I don’t expect her to lay an egg everyday, especially since she just started laying). However, my pullet went back inside the nesting box ( I thought she was laying an egg) but didn’t come back out. I checked the nesting box and my pullet was sitting in it. I thought she might be broody already, but there weren’t any eggs. Should I be worried or is it normal for new layers?

My 21 week old White Leghorn crossed with a New Hampshire laid her first egg two days ago and laid another one yesterday. I checked the nesting box today and there were no eggs (I don’t expect her to lay an egg everyday, especially since she just started laying). However, my pullet went back inside the nesting box ( I thought she was laying an egg) but didn’t come back out. I checked the nesting box and my pullet was sitting in it. I thought she might be broody already, but there weren’t any eggs. Should I be worried or is it normal for new layers?

Back
Top Bottom