Purina duck food

Tpsayles

In the Brooder
Sep 25, 2019
I've fed my Duck's purina's duck feed for 3 years no issues I've read its enough calcium calcium for them but I also read about people adding eggshells and scratch to their diet. I only have Is 1 female and 2 male call ducks, she isn't exactly an egg factory but I want make sure she's getting what she needs. Should I add them
20210819_161456.jpg
??

Attachments

• 20210819_161456.jpg
    20210819_161456.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 0
if you have strange egg shells on your eggs, you can add oyster shell in a seperate container for your duck to take what she needs. scratch is a treat, like potato chips for people. That's not duck food per say, I'm not sure if it has enough niacin but I'm not duck keeper.

Flock raiser has very little calcium so that you can feed it to a mixed flock. You would want to provide crushed oyster shell on the side. I also add some crushed egg shells for calcium needs. Scratch isn't necessary, it should be used like a treat- occassionally.
As well, 1 female and 2 males is not a good ratio for ducks. 1 male should have at least 3 females.

Flock raiser has very little calcium so that you can feed it to a mixed flock. You would want to provide crushed oyster shell on the side. I also add some crushed egg shells for calcium needs. Scratch isn't necessary, it should be used like a treat- occassionally.
As well, 1 female and 2 males is not a good ratio for ducks. 1 male should have at least 3 females.
Up until last week I had a 1 to 1 ratio and they were very attached to their partners... but a fox got in :( now I can't find new parter for dutch

Back
Top Bottom