Put the trailcam on the coop.

lagrange chicks

Songster
Jul 27, 2023
Wisconsin
Feeding the girls this afternoon I noticed either fox or fisher cat tracks in the mud. If I get some pictures and its fox I will set a trap for it, I already have snares out for coyote but try avoid catching fox until they stalk my girls :). We cant trap fisher here, and I have only seen tracks once a couple years ago so not sure what I can do for them. Girls should be safe in there coop and run.

What part of Wisconsin are you? I'm in Shawano County. I've never seen a fisher here, but I heard bird flu is in some areas of WI again. Fishers, otters, red fox, skunk, and bobcats supposedly carry it. Otters are down in the creek below and I've never seen them on cameras coming up the hill, and folks in this neighborhood have been hunting bobcats (they have permits).

What part of Wisconsin are you? I'm in Shawano County. I've never seen a fisher here, but I heard bird flu is in some areas of WI again. Fishers, otters, red fox, skunk, and bobcats supposedly carry it. Otters are down in the creek below and I've never seen them on cameras coming up the hill, and folks in this neighborhood have been hunting bobcats (they have permits).
We are in S.E. Wisconsin near whitewater in the kettle moraine state forest (4000 acers is our back yard). In the last few years in this area more bear, Couger, wolf and fisher have been sited. Yes bobcats and fisher can be taken with permit but not this far south. Bird flu wiped out the massive chicken farm not far from us a couple years ago.

Back
Top Bottom