Putting your chickens a sleep at dusk

Some chickens learn very quick if there are snacks involved. Gave my ‘Count Tel’ a few mealworms while she was on a swing. Next few days I held a few mealworms on the same height and she hopped on the swing for a treat. Now she jumps on the swing every evening I come with food, hoping for a extra special treat. Even if I dont bring the little bucket with snacks. Then she looks at me saying with her body language: “ please go back inside for my treat. “

I have an area of my run with a 4' fence and occasionally chooks jump out when I'm not letting them free. I don't chase them anymore, just throw the flock some yellow crack and they usually come to the gate to be let back in.

Honestly, I think they are now jumping out to trick me into treats but if the flock isn't all out, they are right by the run waiting for their bribe.

Some chickens learn very quick if there are snacks involved. Gave my ‘Count Tel’ a few mealworms while she was on a swing. Next few days I held a few mealworms on the same height and she hopped on the swing for a treat. Now she jumps on the swing every evening I come with food, hoping for a extra special treat. Even if I dont bring the little bucket with snacks. Then she looks at me saying with her body language: “ please go back inside for my treat. “

Back
Top Bottom