Quail advice

XoWillowXo

Chirping
Nov 3, 2020
3 of my quail have hatched out two came first and the third a lot later the two older ones have been picking on the younger one of of them grabbed his little wing and pulled him about do I take the older ones out the incubator since they’re dryer or the younger one or maybe leave them? Idk help(the imagine is random because I couldn’t post without one)
IMG_3713.jpeg

They’re still picking on this one lil guy they keep pulling him around by his wing and I’m worried I also don’t really know how to tell if they’re fully dry they’ve fluffed up but there’s one or two patches that still look kinda wet is it safe to remove them or should I wait

The older two are in the brooder I tried to put the little one on there this morning as he’s dry and they both just ran straight to him started pecking him grabbing is wing again. They have food and water. Should I keep the little guy separated or will they eventually leave him alone

The older two are in the brooder I tried to put the little one on there this morning as he’s dry and they both just ran straight to him started pecking him grabbing is wing again. They have food and water. Should I keep the little guy separated or will they eventually leave him alone
I would keep a close eye on them and pick them up when they pick on the little one. I'm a little concerned that they're still picking on it. You could separate the little one, but it won't be happy. Quail are social and need company.

I think they might be ok for now I added in extra food bowls so they all have one each and it seems to have worked.there’s a couple pecks here and there but I will keep an eye on them

Back
Top Bottom