Quail chicks pecking other beaks

BirdsRDinosToo

In the Brooder
Jul 19, 2021
I have 7 quail chicks in a brooder but they are electing each other’s beaks and done are bleeding from those parts what should i do?
image.jpg

Aww how adorable!I had 7 quail chicks incubated and are adults now.I feel like it’s normal for chicks to play and peck a bit.I’m sure they shouldn’t bleed.But u need to watch out for feather pecking and aggressive symptoms.Keep us updated with this cuties!

It's unusual for them to peck each other enough to draw blood. I suspect that you have a bully that I would separate out for a few hours then put back in with the group.

All of them I think it’s possible that. Are bored but we have put in obstacles and things to peck
A lunch sack with the bottom poked out. A secured mirror. Chopped lettuce. A pile of hay.

All of these things will quickly turn their interest away from picking on each other. Your birds look incredibly young though. If you can get a red LED light, that should help hide the bloody beaks so they don't keep picking at each other. Once they see blood, they're inclined to keep picking.

There is no way they are pecking each other to the limit of drawing blood without a reason.what kind of toys have u gave them?They might eat and peck several times at the other’s mouth if there is some feed hanging out of the beak.But that shouldn’t cause blood to flow.can u send one of their pics up close?the bloody beak part?

Back
Top Bottom