Quail eye injury/infection?

-Kiwi-

eepy thing =w=
Premium Feather Member
Sep 13, 2020
your walls ;3
Yesterday I had my two extra Coturnix quail roosters separated from the girls because they were overmating and the hens were going bald and were stressed. When I went to check on them before bed, I noticed that one of the rooster's eye looked like it had something on it. It looked kind of like the eye gunk that dogs leak from their eyes, but I'm pretty sure birds don't do that. So I took him inside, wrapped him in a towel, and tried to rinse it off with a dropper. When that didn't work, I used a Q-tip and gently tried to wipe it off. Still didn't work. So I put him back and decided to just watch it. I moved a cage into the quail pen so the roosters can still see the other quail.

I think maybe this happened when the roosters were trying to get back to the flock, and he got his eye caught on a wire? It seems like it bothers him and he keeps his eye at a squint. It doesn't seem like he can see out of that side, because when I went to pick him up today he didn't try to run until I put my hand on his other side. When he runs, he seems confused by the blindness and runs in circles.

I'll get pics later.

Back
Top Bottom