Question about age for you Peafowl Pros...

Quote:
That's good news
smile.png
My main concerns with breeding this older Peahen this coming season is her unknown age, and her health... since she's been feral for quite a while and I have no history on her at all. I figured my 2 yr old Peacock would be up to the task, I just don't have any confidence in the old girl in question (yet). My other 2 little Peahens are only 6 1/2 months, they will be a yr old at the beginning of May/2012... but they more than likely won't produce for me until 2013 (tho I have heard/read Peahens can sometimes lay fertile eggs at a yr old... but I am not holding my breath on that, lol). So I'm hoping the older Peahen really pulls thru for me this year. I have plenty of time to make sure she's in good health by Spring... I just don't know her age (and that really bugs me, lol)
hmm.png

Yes you are correct some yearling hens , do lay...reason i would keep older peacock with my yearling hens. most don't.

Don't worry about your older hen.......they lay for many years. If she does lay ,it will not harm her.(i think she will lay)

Back
Top Bottom