Question about how long it will take for eggs.

I wouldn’t feed layer mash until they start laying eggs. Excess calcium can hurt the kidneys and if they aren’t using it for egg production they don’t need it.
Thanks all for the help, good news as i received my first egg this morning. I guess i was doing things right and just needed to be patient. Again thank you all for the info. Happy egging.

Congratulations on your new chickens. You are asking a question which has no definitive answer. The age of your hens and according to you the poor quality of food the previous owner used make if very difficult to determine an exact answer.
As mentioned above they have been fed a poor diet. Each bird will be an individual case. The answer will be when they return to good health and their egg production system returns to some kind of normalcy. I wouldn’t expect all birds to return at the same time, but would assume between a month or two, maybe longer.
Good luck
Thanks for the help, good news as i received my first egg this morning. I guess i was doing things right and just needed to be patient. Again thank you all for the info. Happy egging.

Back
Top Bottom