Question regarding egg safety when using Metronidazole and Acidified Copper Sulfate

santar0s

Hatching
Jun 26, 2023
We have a hen that has canker bases on some info I found here. It seems like the recommended way to treat this is with the metro powder and the ACS in the water to treat and prevent. The metro I found online and intend to purchase, link below, says this"Warning: This product is formulated for pet birds only. Do not use on livestock and other animals whose meat or eggs are intended for human consumption. Please keep away from children and other pets." Does this mean my entire flock 30 hens will produce eggs that are no longer safe to eat?

HELP!

metro link https://birdpalproducts.com/products/metronidazole-20-powder

We have a hen that has canker bases on some info I found here. It seems like the recommended way to treat this is with the metro powder and the ACS in the water to treat and prevent. The metro I found online and intend to purchase, link below, says this"Warning: This product is formulated for pet birds only. Do not use on livestock and other animals whose meat or eggs are intended for human consumption. Please keep away from children and other pets." Does this mean my entire flock 30 hens will produce eggs that are no longer safe to eat?

HELP!

metro link https://birdpalproducts.com/products/metronidazole-20-powder
I know this is an old thread but wondering how the treatment worked and how long you used it. I have the same problem and found this powder online

I know this is an old thread but wondering how the treatment worked and how long you used it. I have the same problem and found this powder online
I saw you treat the flock for 3 days. 1/4 tsp ACS per gallon of water in only plastic waterers. (No metal)
I’m curious about this as well. I’ve heard from different posts that it’s mostly an issue if you’re allergic to what you’re treating your chickens with, because it will pass through into the eggs.
Anyone have some insight on this?

Back
Top Bottom