Questions about weird chicken poop?

Anderbun

Hatching
Apr 20, 2022
Came back from vacation to a sick hen. She won't eat, is very alert but weak and lethargic.

She has pooped several times. One stool has some red streaks in it the color of watermelon, her most recent poops have been watery.
I'm thinking coccidiosis, but these almost look like digested worms? Can anyone offer some insight?
PXL_20220926_182434724.jpg

How old is your chicken? Has she ever laid eggs? Will she drink water or eat anything that you offer her? Will your regular vet perform a fecal float on some fresh dropppings if you bring in a sample? Is she hunched and puffed up? Corid is safe for treatment of coccidiosis. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid, or 1.5 tsp of the Corid powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days. Enteritis and worms are also possible causes of blood in droppings. Could she have eaten something that turned her droppings looking like this?

How old is your chicken? Has she ever laid eggs? Will she drink water or eat anything that you offer her? Will your regular vet perform a fecal float on some fresh dropppings if you bring in a sample? Is she hunched and puffed up? Corid is safe for treatment of coccidiosis. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid, or 1.5 tsp of the Corid powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days. Enteritis and worms are also possible causes of blood in droppings. Could she have eaten something that turned her droppings looking like this?
She is about a year and a few months, yes she had laid eggs - is not egg bound. She will drink water but refuses food, even treats. I don't believe anything she would have eaten lately would cause this, she has access to pasture and layer crumble.

I am hesitant to take her to the vet, last time I took a chicken it cost $100 for the fecal test plus the $50 office visit. She isn't really hunched or puffed per day. But she is unsteady on her feet. We are planning to treat her and the whole flock for coccidiosis, as if it isn't it I don't think it will negatively effect them. She just had another poop that is extremely cloudy white and watery

Back
Top Bottom