Qustion about Guinea on and off nest

Egg Dispatcher

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 3, 2012
Help!!! My guinea sat on her nest sunday night went to the roost monday night then sat on the nest again tuesday. Are the eggs still good can i put them in the incubator to hatch them or are they not worth it.

Just Sunday and Tuesday... that's it? Are you sure she was on all night Sunday? Sometimes they stay on the nest a while during and after laying an egg. I'd pop them in the incubator, you have nothin' to lose at this point, right? (other than a week's worth of electricity to run the incubator before you know if they are developing or not).

Good luck!

Last edited:
She will sit on the nest randomly throughout the day and just about every other night. They also have a nest of eggs inside the coop. That they haven't started sitting on. So maybe I'll steel a few from both nests and mark them differently and throw them in the incubator and see what happens. You are right, there really is nothing to lose at this point. I only have seven guinneas right now and would like to replenish the flock, so I will give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom