R-Com 20 Humidity Question

bhill1

In the Brooder
10 Years
11 Years
Jan 24, 2009
Southern Ohio
I have an R-Com 20 Incubator and I am struggling to get a handle on humidity. I have two hygrometer's and I have used the salt test to check the calibration on one. They read exactly the same right now in the incubator. Both are close on temp compared to my mercury thermometers as well. When I performed the salt test the hygrometer got to 68% which would be 7% lower than the 75% humidity the environment in the bag should be. With that said if the salt test method works then the hygrometers are reading 7% low. My problem is that the R-Com can only be calibrated +/- 20% for humidity. The hygrometer's are reading 45% and the closest I can calibrate the incubator is to read 30% so that's a 15% difference and that's not taking into account the 7% the hygrometer's are off. I have reset the incubator and tried everything I know to do but I'm stuck. I am thinking of trying to obtain the humidity bags I saw on another post to re-check calibration of the hygrometer's. I have some eggs coming in the next couple day's so I need to get this thing right and soon. If anyone has any experience with this or advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks

wow I cant be of any help I set mine at 50 percent and just assumed it would be right. It certainly cost enough so I figured I did not need to bother with other thermometers. I guess I will know in the next 2 days since I just moved my eggs from that to my hatcher.

I hope someone else can answer, now I am worried too!

Did you let it sit long enough before you calibrated it originally? The only time mine was ever off like that was when i did not wait long enough.

Did you set it to centigrade to calibrate? That allows for more adjustment. I had the same confusion when I got mine.

Back
Top Bottom