Ralia's Chickens

RaliaTheChicken

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 11, 2017
Hello all! I thought I might share some pictures and stories of my chickens with all of you! I hope you find them as amusing as I do! :D
Screenshot_2017-05-09-17-36-42.png
First, I'll introduce them to you!

This is Frito. He's named after one of my chickens in Stardew Valley. It was a randomly generated name, and I thought it was adorable, so I named my own chicken after it! He's a bit flighty sometimes, but he's very respectful of people and will protect you from the other rooster if he's in one of his moods. I'm not sure what breed he is, but I believe he is a mixed breed. Whatever he is, he's very pretty!
Screenshot_2017-10-11-17-40-10.png

This is Dorito. I asked my friend to name my other two chickens, so since Frito was named after chips, she named the other two after chips as well! He gets a little moody sometimes, but he's never done anything to anyone. I don't know what breed he is either. Probably a mixed breed as well.
Screenshot_2017-05-20-17-49-48.png

The last one is Cheeto. She passed away a few months ago. She was a very sweet hen. She always ran over to you when you came outside. She was the boss over the two boys too: she always had to be the first one out the door in the morning and the first one to go to the food when you put it out for them. She loved hanging out on the perch and anywhere else she could find that was high up; probably to watch over her boys. She always slept on the divider between the nesting boxes! I'm not sure what breed she was either. I'm guessing, once again, a mixed breed.
Screenshot_2017-06-15-11-39-02.png

Now, onto the stories!

The first one is about when I found Cheeto's first eggs. I checked every day for a while, but I could never find any. I knew she was old enough, but for whatever reason I never could find them. One day, I looked under a suspicious looking pile of bedding, and there were six eggs! What made things ever sweeter was that it was Easter Sunday! A very nice present, if you ask me! :D

The next one is about their dust bath. I had been planning to make one for a while, but I guess I didn't make one soon enough. I found that they had dug in the rocks by the side of the house until the reached the dirt and they used that for their dust baths! :lol:

So there's some stories and pictures about my chickens. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed them! Feel free to ask questions about them if you have any!

Last edited:
Hi, I like their names. I waited 'til they picked a spot for their dust bath. Now I add a bag of top soil to the hole about once a month with DE mixed in. They dive in that stuff like we dive in a swimming pool. They love that fresh dirt.

Back
Top Bottom