READERS! I know you're out there! Anyone...

Quote:
I'm really expecting the price to go down. Maybe I'm wrong, but no one expected it to drop from $400 to $350 this year, either, and it did. Also, more and more people are publishing user guides for "hacks" you can do with your Kindle in order to use it for regular internet access. I already use it to check my favorite blogs and websites via Google Reader...and YES, you can even read BYC on it!
lol.png

Well... some people can-- I can't
sad.png
I'm not in their whispernet service area.. Darn!

Which is ok for now.. but I keep emailing them to ask them to extend their service area-- some day, I'll have it.

For now, I just have to download/upload through the computer.

Quote:
I thought so too-- and I've got GREAT cell reception here, but no Whispernet. I emailed Kindle Support but just got a "canned" response telling me rest assured I could download books on my computer.... I thanked them for literally quoting their website and not addresseing my question...

I'm going "down country" to Bangor on Monday and bringing my Kindle with me to see if I can get reception anywhere between my place and there-- just to see. If there's service down in Bangor I'm going to pursue Amazon on a daily basis and encourage them to make things happen up this way.

I am reading "No End In Sight-My Life as a Blind Iditarod Racer" by Rachael Scdoris and Rick Steber.. Its an amazing book! I recomend it to all of you!

Quote:
Well, seeing as Stephen King was one of the earliest beta testers (and major fan) of the Kindle, you'd THINK that Bangor would be one place that'd be sure to get reception!

Back
Top Bottom