Really confused on San Bernardino County, Ca. animal codes! UPDATE 9-1

LegginMF12

Songster
12 Years
May 2, 2011
Yucca Valley
I live in Yucca Valley on the Mesa which is unincorporated so I am county. I am zoned for horses etc. I have spent weeks trying to find the exactly how many hens/roosters I can have on my property legally. I called animal control and they had no idea, they gave me this number to call 1-800-472-5609, which is San Bernardino County Animal Care and Control. According to them, I may have 2 chickens, 2 fowl or 2 other poultry, 2 rabbits or any combination of these but only two. I say that is wrong, in the town of Yucca Valley you can have like 5-6 hens and up to 2 roosters. Does anybody out there know the zoning/animal laws for Yucca Mesa ( part of Yucca Valley but not incorporated into the town so we are considered county) I am in a very rural area with a lot of dirt roads and my lot size is 4.75 acres. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Talked with San Bernardino County animal control yesterday(an actual animal control officer not a person in town behind a desk). The rules for unincorporated areas of San Bernardino County are: 26 hens and 1 rooster per acre. I knew if i could have horses, cows, pigs and goats on my property I could most certainly have more than 2 chickens!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom