Recently hatched chick. Need help!

Icherry

Hatching
Mar 24, 2022
Alright so
Recently I've got an idea to make an incubator just for fun, and placed some store bought eggs in. 6 of em. I didn't really expect anything to happen but here we are. 2 of them were infertile. 2 died in early stage. One was in an impossible position to hatch and died. Out of fear for the last one, i proceeded to do a sort of eggo C-section. Membrane was white and hard so I'm glad i acted in time. Lil guy haven't even internally pipped so i helped it with that. Day later he was out strong and healthy. I thought the problems would end there but.. little baby is really noisy. Only calms down when I hug her. She drinks and eats well. I take the best care of her that I possibly can but I understand she needs company. Sadly I'm in no place atm to buy a chicken of her age and there is noone near selling any. I grew so fond of her that i can't imagine giving her up to someone. Is there something I can possibly do to make her feel better being without company? And also why is she chirping so much? I'll be very thankful for any help

Attachments

• IMG20220323162525.jpg
    IMG20220323162525.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 3
You can put a mirror in her pen and maybe some stuffies so she thinks there is company. Have you tried posting or asking at your local facebook groups or feed stores?
I don't really use facebook but I asked people and noone here does that stuff. If they have chickens, they buy them when they're already adult, for eggs. Noone really breeds chickens here

She looked in the mirror, was quiet for a while and then was like: what the chirp u want me to do with that? And came running and yelling to me xD

Feather duster. I used one for the first time this year and it worked a treat! Hang it a bit off the bottom of the brooder so the chick can fit under it like a mother hen.

Feather duster. I used one for the first time this year and it worked a treat! Hang it a bit off the bottom of the brooder so the chick can fit under it like a mother hen.
I tried giving her something similar but she only accepted my hoodie in which she sleeps quietly whole night but when the day comes she instantly screams for me to come pick her up

Also. I have a 2 day trip coming up and I'm so scared to leave her without me under my parents care. I literally went cuckoo for this little girl. Will she be ok?

You will have to think of something before then. The only real solution is another chick. Maybe you can find a stuffed chick toy-especially now that Easter ia coming up.

Welcome to BYC!😊

Pick up some more chicks (close in age) to keep her company. At least two. She needs other chicks for company. Check with your local feed stores to see if they have any or Craigslist under the farm and garden section.

Ok so. I could get lil babies but in 20 days since that's when they're going to hatch :/ she won't die in 2 days bc of loneliness right? I'm so afraid to leave her without me

Back
Top Bottom