Recommended lace breeds?

If you want lacing that looks good, I'd go with one of the laced varieties of English Orpington. Cackle has Silver-laced.
Yeah I saw, I may have found a local farmer who will have some lace chicks. A bit higher priced but all of his chickens and chicks look good and I can go in person.. XD (so no shipping or bonus fee for a small order)even better.. he's willing to take roos if I get any from a straight run and give chick credit for the next batch of chicks he gets so win win for me I guess.
I do agree.. i want some lace orpingtons.. both looks and the fact the y may be able to cover the fact that most lace don't seem to be overly broody and if I want to hatch out eggs eventually.. well.. I would like a broody :p

I love my silver laced Wyandottes. They are the friendliest birds in our flock and will regularly jump up on my knee or even my shoulder when I am sitting with them.
aw im glad you said this, I was worried they may not be what i was looking for friendly wise.. but this is great news.
I had raised a few cross bred mutts from a friend and trained them to fly to my arm like a falcon xD best roos I ever worked with. Sad she got rid of them. =/

I'm just not a fan of most Wyandottes. If you got SQ birds from a breeder, maybe. But I find the HQ ones that are readily available to be obnoxious. Plus they look ugly. lol

Back
Top Bottom