Recreating the American Game Bantam

Pics
102D34F6-56E3-4922-8305-97E8A023B486.jpeg
84E6EEE5-7CBA-42AC-9375-7ABCFFA83A65.jpeg
6AE35011-6E8F-4AA4-B02B-117304D19E8E.jpeg

It looks like I’m finally getting the white ear problem of General Lee solved. I have several chicks now with red ear lobes per the breed standard.

I’m going to put this project on long-term hold. General Lee is still doing fine, and he has a flock of mature hens. However, I gave away my first generation of red-eared offspring. The ones I kept that I thought were red eared, ended up having the iridescent white streak most of Lee’s offspring have. I don’t feel like breeding for more at the moment, and if I do, I have a different red-eared rooster I can use.

I have a family member that would like Lee and his hens, and I’m finding that I have too many bloodlines on my plate to do any of them right. So I’m going to send Lee and his flock to a new home with a family member that will pamper them. I will be keeping this line going on my farm through my Teacup Cracker project here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/a-new-serama-sized-game-bantam.1494488/page-9#post-27014365

If I randomly produce some red eared offspring in the teacup line, I may restart this project. But for now, I want to cut my lines in half and only focus on doing two lines to the best of my ability. I’m enjoying this project the least, so its first on the chopping block.

Back
Top Bottom