Rocky Racoon

TomRussell

In the Brooder
Aug 7, 2020
Okay. I’m in the house, looking out the kitchen window and I see a raccoon shimmy it’s way into the chicken run.

The chickens were all away in their “tractor” so they were safe.

So I run out back yelling, clapping my hands, anything to make noise so it will leave. But instead of escaping way it came in, the raccoon runs into the hen house.

No problem. Right? I’ll just close the chicken door in the front, open the people door in the back, and it will leave. I help it out by banging on the walls and yelling. I can yell pretty loud when I need to.

I looked inside. And it was gone. (picture #1)

So I shut the door and go back into the people house. Lucy, who was watching from inside, says “I never saw it leave”. I WAS going to debate her, but instead I decided to look again. So back to the coop I go. I open up the people door again. Look inside. Again. No raccoon.

But then I hear a little shuffle up high. And there, trying to make itself disappear into the pointy top of the A-frame... (picture #2)

Anyway. He’s gone for now.

I guess I’ll spend tomorrow reinforcing the fort...

Attachments

• ADE5E2E7-52AF-46B4-9780-C6D2938762C9.jpeg
    ADE5E2E7-52AF-46B4-9780-C6D2938762C9.jpeg
    559.9 KB · Views: 31
  • DFE27F93-37B3-4C9D-8DF2-7E2EE4219AB1.jpeg
    DFE27F93-37B3-4C9D-8DF2-7E2EE4219AB1.jpeg
    233.5 KB · Views: 29
Oh my gosh! That is quite a raccoon story! Those raccoons are scary clever; I have one living under my deck and I live in fear of it doing similar antics with our (elevated) tractor coop/ run combo.

Do the forum a favor and post photos 3, 4 and 5......showing location where coon got into the run (the shimmy move) in the first place. Would be good to see the fence area it got past.

Back
Top Bottom