Roo or Crowing Hen?

Suebaby71

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 31, 2015
The chicken in question is a 18 week old Delaware. In the last few days we have been hearing her making a crowing sound in the morning. I have raised chicks that turned out to be roos in the past and they started showing roo behaviors much earlier. This chicken was not well received when introduced to my older girls about 6-7 weeks ago. She runs from the older girls and only hangs out with the other young hen she was raised with. We call her the "bottom chicken". I have noticed some standing up for herself behaviors lately. The first photo was taken 3 days ago (white bird on the right), trying to show how much bigger this chicken is compared to the others. I was convinced that she did not have saddle feathers or a rooster's tail. Then I went out an took a pic today (white bird front and center) and I think I see them both. So I am asking you all, who know so much more than me, is this really a rooster? I think I don't want to hear your answers, but...

Attachments

• IMG_9636.jpeg
    IMG_9636.jpeg
    908.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9645.jpeg
    IMG_9645.jpeg
    626.6 KB · Views: 12
Thank you all for the quick responses. I live in the 'burbs, so rehoming is in my future. If you live near Oceanside, CA and you want a big, beautiful boy, hit me up!

Back
Top Bottom