Rooster attack

And he allows this with no fuss?
Mostly yes. Sometimes you can tell he gets a little flustered. He makes some noises and that’s about it and then he usually joins whoever is in there and I guess what you can call “mingles”

Retrain him with a slow cooker.

Plenty of nice roos in the world to keep a dangerous one around. I had one that nearly took my eye out. Had a black eye for a week. Hopefully he won't see your kids as a threat one day too.
We cannot get rid of falcon. He is the ONLY bird we have from the beginning. The rest were killed and the only hen that survived the mauling was just added before the attack. He’s staying. Even if he serves no purpose, he has a place In that coop indefinitely

I have a rooster that is about a year old, I am the main one that feeds everyday, my 10 yr old grandson went in to gather eggs one Saturday and the rooster came after him, a neighbor came and fed for me for a few days and he got her too! He keeps that up and he will end up in the stock pot!!

I have a rooster that is about a year old, I am the main one that feeds everyday, my 10 yr old grandson went in to gather eggs one Saturday and the rooster came after him, a neighbor came and fed for me for a few days and he got her too! He keeps that up and he will end up in the stock pot!!
I mean he’s doing his job... protecting his flock and I’m guessing if he doesn’t attack you, then you are considered part of said flock.

Mostly yes. Sometimes you can tell he gets a little flustered. He makes some noises and that’s about it and then he usually joins whoever is in there and I guess what you can call “mingles”
I think this bird can be worked with.....he already sounds quite 'tame'....just need to get reintroduced to you and eventually your newest 'chick'.

Retrain him with a slow cooker.

Plenty of nice roos in the world to keep a dangerous one around. I had one that nearly took my eye out. Had a black eye for a week. Hopefully he won't see your kids as a threat one day too.

That was going to be my suggestion. I had a rooster that started pecking at my then 2 year old son...got him in the face a couple times. He also got a little aggressive with my Dad when he was feed the chickens while we were away (he couldn't collect the eggs). He never bothered me or my wife, or my 2 slightly older kids but his behavior was not going to be tolerated. The rooster was only about 8 or 10 months old at the time and he was delicious. Best chicken bone broth I've ever made was with his carcass.

I think you definitely have room to work with him! Ours used to act exactly how you're describing toward my fiance, but after they spent time around each other, the rooster saw he wasn't a threat. He rarely shows aggression toward me, and when he does, it's only because I'm doing something to make one of his ladies uncomfortable, so he's trying to protect her, which we praise since that is his job. If you're able to catch him right before he "attacks" you, a swift kick to the chest (but not hard enough to hurt him!) has worked wonders for us. It helps show him that you aren't afraid of him, and that you're Alpha. I gave him a few love taps, and he's been great ever since! I think there's hope for you!

Thank y’all sooo much! I wasn’t going to give up on him for sure. He’s so big and beautiful he could damn near be a show bird. Let’s hope I can make friends with him again

Back
Top Bottom