Rooster Attacking Ducks ☹️

Bethany101

Songster
Apr 18, 2020
I recently got a trio of Cayuga ducks. The Drake is I believe 4 -6 months old (don't remember) and the two ducks are 1.5 years, or so I was told.

I would like to let them graze together, but my rooster is opposed highly to what I want. He will either try to mount them, or just do a flying attack at them. I feel so bad for the ducks, they are so stressed and confused because of all the commotion of being kidnapped, and I rearranged my enclosure area and built a (really janky) fence so they can free range while I sleep during the day, about a week later.

The duck house is butted up against the chicken house (both wire), so they can see and interact with each other somewhat. I'm hoping that in a few weeks it will all be okay, but I am hoping to get some advice on what to do if it doesn't sort itself in a month or so.

P.S - I have 5 adult hens and 1 rooster, and about 10 or 12 pullets. The adults are all very very very very mean.

It is unlikely that the rooster will change his behavior so a 'Plan B' will be necessary as far as housing and free ranging.

Back
Top Bottom