Rooster collar

jazzyb

In the Brooder
Dec 19, 2016
I just ordered a rooster collar from My pet Chicken. Has anyone used one on their rooster. Please give my some feedback back. I love my little guy and don't want to have to get rid of him because of crowing. Of course I'm not supposed to have a rooster in the neighborhood.

Some people buy chicks and randomly end up with cockerels in the bunch on accident, I doubt it was her intensions.

Got three chicks, oops ones a rooster. Rehome him? Don't think the used rooster market is very big. Other posts I've read the poor guys end up in a stew pot, that's not happening here! I think giving him a chance with the collar is worth it. Hopefully all will go well and we can live in harmony with the neighborhood. I'll keep you posted. Happy New Year.

Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in a similar situation. I have a cockeral that came with my batch of chicks in April. I was going to give him away but his great attitude and behavior changed my mind. Plus didn't have much luck finding someone. I tried several homemade collars but none of them worked. He still crowed, a lot. After a few attempts I decided he would be spending his nights in the garage since I was most worried about early morning noise.

Made him a big cage and let him out every morning after 8. This worked fine till it got really cold. He is now outside full time. I still worry but I'm hoping people have all their windows closed because of the cold. My bedroom window is the closest and I only hear him when I'm already awake. He also doesn't crow much during the day. The neighbors I've talked with don't care but I still worry someone will report him. I'm just hoping it won't be any time soon as I plan on moving this spring.

Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom