Rooster does NOT SHUT UP

bekachick

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 7, 2017
We have a frizzle Pekin bantam rooster, exactly one year old. Now I know roosters crow, I know they crow if they see light or danger at night. But this fella is ridiculous.

He starts crowing at 3am... sometimes 2.30. That’s fine. But then he doesn’t stop. He will crow continuously for hours. Literally only stops for a minute every now and then, then just goes on and on and on and on. I don’t know how he actually physically does it.

I’m sure his hens are sick of it. This has been going on for six months, every night. There’s no external light shining at him. Sure, I understand if maybe a predator wakes him and he crows- but it’s not that, it’s just his routine EVERY night. It’s like he just likes the sound of his own voice!

I know I could put him in a little silencing box every night- but I don’t really have the time or patience to be doing that for years.

Any tips?

Hopefully he outgrows it... annoying as it may be. My experience with no crow collars is that they don't work well enough to justify the suffering he will endure.

We have a frizzle Pekin bantam rooster, exactly one year old. Now I know roosters crow, I know they crow if they see light or danger at night. But this fella is ridiculous.

He starts crowing at 3am... sometimes 2.30. That’s fine. But then he doesn’t stop. He will crow continuously for hours. Literally only stops for a minute every now and then, then just goes on and on and on and on. I don’t know how he actually physically does it.

I’m sure his hens are sick of it. This has been going on for six months, every night. There’s no external light shining at him. Sure, I understand if maybe a predator wakes him and he crows- but it’s not that, it’s just his routine EVERY night. It’s like he just likes the sound of his own voice!

I know I could put him in a little silencing box every night- but I don’t really have the time or patience to be doing that for years.

Any tips?
Rehome?

I know re-homing is an option but I’d feel bad... our first permanent rooster was absolutely nasty and we had to re home him after putting up with him for too long... this little guy is pretty sweet and a good boy, besides the crowing issues

Any tips?
Our d'uccle bantam was like this, non-stop every 30-45 seconds, all day long, outside our patio door (before we had a fenced run). He was sweet and as cute as a bug's ear, but I gave him away because the sound was almost as grating to me as a hungry baby's cry - I was losing my little mind.

Back
Top Bottom