Rooster Limping

Curious if the amoxicillin did indeed help as well. I never finished the treatment since I was ready to have him euthanized after the curled toes and there was absolutely no change. We got through most of the treatment though. No difference in the limp. But he’ll chase after the ladies here and there and attempt to mount so no idea what his pain level is. That’s why I’m apprehensive about euthanizing. Just sort of playing it by ear at the moment and hoping to hear back from the vet soon. When they did the blood work they said his wbc was fine and everything looked great so I’m just at a loss hoping for good news from the vet.

I would euthanize him if he has some quality of life and feels well enough to get around, eat, and drink. They will let you know if they are suffering.

I would euthanize him if he has some quality of life and feels well enough to get around, eat, and drink. They will let you know if they are suffering.
Do you mean you “wouldn’t”? I know chickens hide pain very well and that’s what keeps me on the fence. He gets around, eats, drinks, forages, tries to catch the ladies, and seems overall okay. That’s why I’m so torn. He doesn’t act depressed or as if he’s in serious pain.

Last edited:
This is very good insight, thanks so much for sharing. I’ll update you once I hear back from the vet.

Back
Top Bottom