Rose or Pea Comb White Layer

I have Polish mixed in with other standard hens and they are fine ;) they don't lay a pure white egg though, mine are tinted/cream colored
It's good to know it's a possibility. Although my older hens can be quiet bossy to younger other chickens. But the kids wanted a few so maybe eventually I'll add them. Maybe I'll let a hen hatch some eggs for easier integration.

Hello friends. I've been really wanting a white layer chicken but most of the standard breeds have Huge floppy combs and with the winters here I stress enough with frostbite.
I like the polish but I have all standard size chickens and I'm worried about them getting picked on.

Has anyone had any luck breeding a Rose or Pea Comb White Layer?
What breeds did you mix?
I'm a little late here, but I want to recommend Hamburgs as another rose-comb chicken that lays white eggs. Hamburgs are a bit small, but they are not bantams, and they come in several different color varieties.

Sumatras and Yokohamas lay eggs that are white or light tan, and both of them have small combs (pea for Sumatra, pea or cushion for Yokohama). But both of them tend to be poor layers, so they might not be quite what you want.

Back
Top Bottom